Railways starts concessional fare scheme, AC tickets will be cheaper by 25%
Riyaati Kiraya Yojana:- Indian Railway Board has given a big good news for the passengers traveling by trains. Railway Board has announced that there will be a reduction in AC chair car and executive class fares of all trains including Vande Bharat. For which a new scheme has been made by the Railway Ministry. Its name is Concessional Fare Scheme. Through this scheme, passengers traveling by train will get discount in tickets. Under the Concessional Fare Scheme, AC train ticket prices will be reduced by 25 percent. This exemption will be applicable with immediate effect.
This provision of discount is being implemented in the Concessional Fare SchemeVande Bharat Train and all AC chair car trains. So that all the poor and middle class people can enjoy AC trains. If you travel by train now, you can also take advantage of this scheme. Today we will provide you information related to Indian Railway Concessional Fare Scheme through this article.
Riyayati Kiraya Yojana 2023
Due to inflation, people were not able to buy AC tickets in the train, but now this will not happen. Railway Board on Saturday announced the launch of Riyyati Kiraya Yojana to reduce the fare of AC tickets of trains. Zonal Railways have been given powers to implement this scheme. Under the Concessional Fare Scheme, concessional rates will be applicable only on those trains in which only 50% seats were filled during the last 30 days.
The concessional fare scheme will be applicable in Vande Bharat AC chair car and executive classes of all such trains. In which trains with Anubhuti and Vistadome bogies have also been included. Passengers will get 25% discount on AC train ticket prices through this scheme. Train fares will also depend on the competitive mode of transport. The fare will be reduced based on the number of passengers. This scheme will not be applicable on special trains.
Information about Concessional Fare Scheme
|name of the scheme
|Riyayati Kiraya Yojana
|Ministry of Railways, Government of India
|passenger traveling by train
|Maximum utilization of seats in trains
|not available yet
|will be launched soon
Objectives of Concessional Fare Scheme
The concessional fare scheme has been launched by the Indian Railway Board with the aim of making full utilization of seats in trains. Through this scheme, any citizen of India will be able to enjoy AC trains by getting 25% discount in train travel. Because due to inflation, most people were unable to buy AC train tickets. But now any common citizen will be able to travel easily in AC train.
Basic Fair In Available Discount
Railway Board has said that under the concessional fare scheme, a maximum of 25% discount on fare will be given to the passengers. Apart from this, other charges like super fast surcharge, reservation fee and GST etc. will all be charged as at present. This relaxation can be given on the basis of vacant seats in all categories. Concession under the Concessional Fare Scheme may be provided for the initial leg of the journey, the last leg of the journey, intermediate sections or from the beginning to the end of the journey. But it is necessary that the occupancy in that phase, section, as the case may be, from beginning to end should be less than 50 percent.
Riyayati Kiraya Yojana will be reviewed regularly
The fare concession under this scheme will initially be applicable for a period decided by the PCCM of the zone from which the train originates. Which will be applicable for maximum 6 months. The scheme will be further reviewed regularly and the discount may be modified or extended/withdrawn depending on the occupancy. The discount will also be given on tickets booked till the first chart is prepared and during the current booking. Exemption can also be given if you board the train by TT. Tickets on PTO/fare difference on Railway Pass/Concessional Voucher/MLA/Ex-MLA Coupon/Warrant/MP/Ex-MP/Free Fighter etc. will be booked on basic category wise fare and not on concessional fare.
Benefits and features of Riyayati Kiraya Yojana
- The concessional fare scheme has been started by the Indian Railway Ministry.
- All passengers traveling by train will get benefits through this scheme.
- Now passengers will be able to travel in AC trains through this scheme.
- Under the concessional fare scheme, passengers will get a maximum discount of 25% on AC train tickets.
- Now any poor citizen will be able to travel easily in such chair trains.
- This scheme will be applicable in executive classes of trains with all such settings.
- Apart from this, trains with Anubhuti and Vistadome coats have also been included under this scheme.
- The fares of these trains will be reduced by up to 25 percent depending on the number of passengers.
- Riyyati Kiraya Yojana will be applicable for 1 year only.
- Depending on the number of passengers, ticket discounts can be given in any or all classes.
- Fares will not be refunded under this scheme to passengers who have already booked seats.
- Let us tell you that this scheme will not be applicable on special trains run during holidays or festival season.
- While deciding the fare concession under the Concessional Fare Scheme 2023, the fares of competing modes of transport will be taken into account.
- With the implementation of the scheme, people traveling in railways will now get cheaper AC train tickets. Which anyone can buy easily. And will be able to enjoy your journey.
Eligibility for Concessional Fare Scheme
- To avail the benefits of this scheme, the applicant must be a citizen of India.
- A citizen of any age will be eligible to get discount on AC tickets under this scheme.
How to apply under Riyyati Kiraya Yojana?
Any interested citizen who wants to take advantage of the concessional fare scheme should be informed that you will not be required to make any application under this scheme. Because after the implementation of this scheme, you will have to buy only AC tickets. After which you will get 25% discount on AC train tickets. In this way you will be able to avail the benefit of the concessional fare scheme.
How many concessions will passengers get on AC train tickets under the Concessional Fare Scheme?
Under Riyyati Kiraya Yojana, passengers will get 25% discount on AC chair car and executive class fares.
Will Riyyati Kiraya Yojana be applicable on all trains.
No, the concessional fare scheme will be applicable only on those trains in which only 50 percent seats were filled during the last 30 days.
How long will the Concessional Fare Scheme remain in force?
This scheme will be implemented by the Railway Board for 1 year.
The post Railways starts concessional fare scheme, AC tickets will be cheaper by 25% appeared first on Fsicareer.